- Themes: Universal Design Principles
- Categories: Perceptibility
- Services: Electronic parcel locker / Food delivery service / Multimodal route planner / Other / Ride or car-sharing
- Users: Designer / Developer
Internal consistency and clarity
Font design is nowadays a fully independent branch of what can be called “digital art”. The temptation of using peculiar styles and playful combinations can be considered a positive attitude when designing contents that need to be highly recognizable. Indeed, essential information should always be easily read and identified. All users would suffer while reading long text blocks using fonts with low reading-speed.
- A text spacing that is too different from the standard 1x would be detrimental for all people, especially those suffering of temporary or permanent visual impairments. Wrong text spacing pushes users to abandon reading immediately.
- Apply a font style that is approved and validated for visual and cognitive impairments to all essential information and leave the artistic touch for logotypes, decorative elements or fillers.
- Avoid massive updates revolutionising the application identity and structure to prevent users’ loss of confidence and familiarity